Leather & Suede
Leather is a living material and it needs to be treated with love. All Bukvy items are made by European high quality leather and suede. They will age nicely as long as you take good care of them, especially suede needs some extra attention. Also remember that dark leather might discolor.
Our best leather care tips:
1. A tip to keep in mind: before spraying, we strongly recommend brushing with a suede brush before and after you spray your Bukvy.
2. Seal your Bukvy. Apply a waterproofing spray to protect it from stains and water. It will help repel dirt and stop stains before they start.
3. Never clean suede with water! This might affect both color and texture.
4. You need to treat your Bukvy every couple months for it to age beautifully.
5. There are many advice on how to remove stains from leather and suede but we highly recommend that you bring your Bukvy to a professional if it gets badly stained.
There are many tips on how to remove stains from leather and suede, but we recommend starting with taking your bag to a leather specialist if needed.
Our leathers are treated with as little chemicals as possible (all of which are approved by the EU and not harmful). This means that dark colors can discolour against light fabrics, especially if they are damp.
Kork is a naturally repellent material and the bag is treated with a layer of protection. If your product gets stains, wipe with a slightly damp cloth.
For extra protection, impregnate with dirt repellent spray.